We relish the times we get to align ourselves and work with Clients that operate at the pinnacle of their fields and expertise primarily because it provides huge learning opportunities for our Team here in SONICA. So when we were given the opportunity to work with APC, a Company that are an absolute powerhouse for lightning-fast development of medicines, we wholeheartedly jumped at it. Delivering their workspace and “Medicine Accelerator” was a great honour for us – this new facility will deliver great benefits to science for many years to come. Thank you APC for the learnings and the experience !
Donnacha Neary, MD SONICA
- 18,300 sq.ft
- 8 weeks Pre-Construction
- 23 weeks on-site
- The project was executed over a number of phased handovers to accommodate the Clients requirements.
- Working in a live office & lab environment, APC remained fully operational through the works.
- Coordination of specialized lab installation including high spec Extract and ventilation system.
- Works were carried out directly above the Mater Private Day Hospital with strict protocols around working hours and environment.
- The project was fully operational as essential works throughout the Pandemic, SONICA maintained a Zero case record during the works.
APC was created out of a passion for science and research. Foregoing outside investment, APC has grown organically to become a global powerhouse in process development, partnering with companies large and small to bring medicine to market at unprecedented speed.’The Medicine Accelerator’ which is a €25m investment will also see 120 jobs created. This expansion will accelerate the development of Covid-19 Vaccines and Advanced Therapeutics.